Our computers and laptops have become extensions of ourselves. But like our bodies, they are susceptible to viruses, injury, and accidents, making locally-stored data extremely vulnerable. At any time they can also be affected by external elements like fire, flood, earthquakes, and even power fluctuations. Our prized files, be it text documents, digital photos, music albums, movies, etc., can all be stolen, lost by accidental deletions, or even through hard drive failure. For all these reasons, it is best to protect valuable data by storing copies of your files through secure online document storage.
Why do we need secure online document storage?
There are many secure online document storage options. They not only help you save documents but permit you to distribute them to others safely and enable you to access them anytime from anywhere. For this, you don’t even have to spend a penny; neither do you have to undertake complicated procedures. There are several online sites which provide affordable, extensive, and secure document storage systems.
Managing, organizing, and sharing documents has never been easier. You do not need any special equipment or software, just log on to the Internet and create a secure account with the portal of your choice. File protection is not the sole service provide by secure online document storage companies. They also give you easy access to your essential and most frequently used files no matter where you are. Whether on your smartphone, laptop, or PC, you can check out your stored data with just a few clicks.
However, with the evolution of the online storage space industry there has been a mushrooming of these companies. In such a scenario, how can you, the user, choose the best company for your online storage needs?
How to choose the best document storage company
While most online storage providers are alike in principle providing you with secure data storage, they can be extremely diverse in terms of the characteristics, capacity, accessibility, and help and support services. To make an informed decision, you need to weigh your options and choose the provider that best suits your needs. For this, it is essential that you do your research and also consult the ensuing checklist which will help you make that decision.
- Storage Space. The foremost feature of a good secure online document storage company is the allotted storage space. It should give you unlimited storage for free. Occasionally, and especially for organizations, you might need to pay a nominal fee, in which case make such that you are getting the most competitive price.
- Simplicity. Your online storage service provider must offer you the most user friendly storage option. This means that you will not have to waste time in navigation and uploading files.
- Quality. Opt for the company that provides you the best features including easy uploading and sharing of your files, file versioning of the most recent versions, good backup options and auto updating, restoration of deleted files, decent folder sharing, offline syncing, etc.
- File Access and Compatibility. A good online storage provider gives you the facility of storing and accessing any kind of file. It should support any file format and allow you to upload and access your files from multiple devices.
- Support services. The online storage company of your choice should offer troubleshooting and knowhow like step by step manuals, video tutorials, etc. Whenever possible, customer care services should also be provided through a year round, 24/7, dedicated customer helpline and email support.
So what are you waiting for? Do your homework and make an informed decision. Choose the best secure online document storage provider and save space in your PC, laptop, smartphone, or external hard drive. And even better, you will never lose your personal files ever again.
Syeda Tanuja Hussain has worked as a content manager, copywriter, and editorial assistant for Records Management. She loves travelling, designing clothes, and cooking. Having interned with an electronics magazine, she has developed an interest in document storage companies and offsite document storage.
For more on secure online document storage, visit RJS Smart Security.